Monday, March 26, 2018

Answering an Age-Old Question: Can an RPG session fit on a postcard?

Yes it can! I wouldn't have written a post simply stating 'NO' in 40-point font.

In Mailhouse 1, I try to work (yet again!) but find things... difficult. As hard as a banana split, as simple as VCR assembly, as easy as falling up from a log.

In Mailhouse 2 a small dog (terrier?) attempts to purchase an antler for the purposes of gnawing. Do dogs grind their teeth and, if so, does it matter? I actually don't attempt to answer that question. Spoilers. I will say this is inspired by reading lots to a young toddler, so things are a lot less dark.

Again, these games are based on the Funhouse RPG I found whilst scrolling through the Lone Wolf G+ roleplaying community. Come to a decision point, make a list of possible outcomes, and roll. Mailhouse 1 is also inspired by the Surrealist game of never being able to leave a particular room, but when walking out (and immediately coming back in), something changes.

These postcards were sent to my niece and nephew.

MAILHOUSE 1




MAILHOUSE 2 MR MEEPLES EDITION



1 comment: